This time last week, I celebrated my Birthday. Aside from being extremely thankful to be blessed with another year, I also used my special day to reflect on my life/journey so far.
Below are some of the things that I have learnt/discovered or taken on board over the past year.
- Prayer is a major key.
- Take peoples words with a pinch of salt. Watch their actions; after all, actions speak louder than words.
- When someone shows you their true colours, believe them.
- No one sees your vision better than you do!
- There are “friends” that truly have your back when times are hard, and there are also “friends” that are just great for a fun night out.
- Not everyone wants to see you do well. You’d be surprised at how many people either do not want you to progress in life, or simply don’t want you to do better than them.
- Self-belief is important.
- Learn to love yourself inside & out (this includes your so called “imperfections”). This isn’t going to be an overnight process, but once this mission is complete, you’ll ooze with confidence.
- Don’t dive into a relationship. It is not a race.
- No matter what you do, someone, somewhere will have something negative to say. Ignore them. Live your life how you see fit. It is YOUR LIFE.
- An ex is an ex for a reason.
- Don’t be scared to follow your dreams. Chances are you will learn a lot & value the experience.
- Do not allow bitterness to live in your heart, and suffocate your soul. Work on letting go of any previous hurt. Once you do this, many blessings shall come your way.
- Do not expect anything from anyone. This is the best way to avoid any disappointment, in my opinion.
- Various sacrifices and risks will have to be made, in order for you to reach your desired career destination.
- Do not make a man your priority, ESPECIALLY when he definitely WILL NOT put you before his career/money. Us women give way too much to men that sometimes we end up missing out on fantastic opportunities. The funny thing is that the men that we like/love, would not do the same for us.
- Focus on your journey & the rest will naturally flow.
- Some people will only care about you when it’s convenient for them. They should not have a place in your life.
- Having a positive mind will take you far. Others will appreciate your positive aura.
- I believe in GOD/ a creator however, I currently do not believe in any religion.
I could easily continue this list, however, I thought that sticking to 20 would be more than enough.
May the good Lord continue to bless me with many more life lessons, many more birthdays and unlimited blessings.
Until my next post, stay blessed.