I’ve started to read a new book entitled “The Power Of Focus”. One of the chapters covers How To Kick Bad Habits.
Habits are negative actions that one has been doing repetitively for a long period of time. For example: smoking. In order to kick a habit(s) you need to acknowledge what they are, how to kick them and plan how to overcome them. You also need to be patient, and know that fully ditching these habits, will take some time. Slow progress is better than no progress.
This made me think about personal habits that I need to ditch. Here are 5 of them:
- Not returning phone calls.
- Not putting my minutes to use (making phone calls).
- Thinking about a GREAT IDEA and then automatically thinking of 101 reasons as to why it won’t work out (holding myself back).
- Not eating frequently (irregular eating pattern).
- Not helping out as much as I COULD at home (in terms of chores etc.).
Now that I have established that I have these atrocious habits, it’s down to me to slowly work on kicking them. I’m sure that like myself, you have bad habits that may be holding you back from being an even better version of yourself. Why not write them down, and work on ways to combat them?